Agile Testing QA Manifesto
- Testing throughout over testing at the end
- Preventing bugs over finding bugs
- Testing understanding over testing functionality
- Building the best system over breaking the system
- Team responsibility over tester responsibility
The Modern Testing Mission Statement
Accelerate the Achievement of Shippable Quality
The Modern Testing Principles
These continue to be a work in progress – feel free to add comments, or join our slack group for a more detailed discussion.
The seven principles of Modern Testing are:
- Our priority is improving the business.
- We accelerate the team, and use models like Lean Thinking and the Theory of Constraints to help identify, prioritize and mitigate bottlenecks from the system.
- We are a force for continuous improvement, helping the team adapt and optimize in order to succeed, rather than providing a safety net to catch failures.
- We care deeply about the quality culture of our team, and we coach, lead, and nurture the team towards a more mature quality culture.
- We believe that the customer is the only one capable to judge and evaluate the quality of our product
- We use data extensively to deeply understand customer usage and then close the gaps between product hypotheses and business impact.
- We expand testing abilities and knowhow across the team; understanding that this may reduce (or eliminate) the need for a dedicated testing specialist.